Makes 12 servings
1 Kg (5 cups) raw buckwheat grouts, soaked and sprouted (see note)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 4-6 hours
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked 4-6 hours
1/2 cup sesame seeds, soaked 4-6 hours
1/2 cup flax seeds, soaked 4-6 hours
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup currants or raisins
750 gr. dates (3-4 cups pitted, packed) (see note)
approximately 1 cup water
1. Blend the dates with approximately 1 cup water to form a smooth paste, adding more
water, if needed.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well or mix with your hands.
3. Spread 6 cups of the batter evenly onto a dehydrator tray covered with a Teflex sheet.
4. Dry for 8 hours, flip the granola onto a mesh sheet, and continue drying for an additional 12-24 hours, until completely dry.
5. Break the granola apart or crumble it into chunks. Store in glass jars in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Note: To sprout buckwheat grouts, first soak them in water to cover for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse them, and place them in a colander over a plate, to catch any water. Allow the buckwheat grouts to sprout for 12-24 hours, rinsing them every 12 hours
Note: Use the larger amount of dates for a sweeter granola.