Waste reaches our body through the food, the respiratory system, the skin, our thinking, emotions, and as a result of chemical processes (anabolism and catabolism) which take place in our body.
Our elimination system works through several channels, which area different organs in our body:
- Lymphatic system
- Reproductive system
The lymphatic system removes toxic wastes from interstitial fluids.
The first breakdown of debris and bacteria happens in the lymphatic system, before they can reach the blood stream.
After the initial filtering, the lymphatic system transports the fluid into the blood stream
The blood gets additional filtering through the liver, kidneys, lungs, and sweat glands.
White blood cells break down bacteria and germs as part of the immune system
The lymphatic system has no pump like the one in the blood system.
- Get a massage
- Hot and cold showers
- Drink adequate fluids and wheatgrass juice
- Eat garlic, ginger Positive thinking, meditation
- Ladies, beware of pushup bras which block blood and lymph flow.
- Don’t use antiperspirants. These contain aluminum and can block lymph nodes.
The lungs’ main function is metabolism – supply of oxygen and elimination of CO2.
Due to urban pollution in the last decades, there is a great increase in lung diseases, especially among young children.
Causes of lung diseases;
- Air pollution, stress, and smoking
- We can survive without food for weeks, with no water for days, without air for minutes only. “Breathing is life”
- Short and quick breathing from the chest instead of diaphragmatic breathing
- Weak voice
- Tension in the neck and shoulder area
- Low life energy
- Do diaphragmatic breathing
- Spend time in nature
- Use yoga or other breathing techniques
- Use meditation, guided imagery or other stress management techniques
The skin is the largest organ in the body.
Skin disorders are one of the ways the liver is trying to remove toxins
- Protecting the body from infection
- Assisting in temperature regulation
- An additional filter to the kidneys by removal of toxins from the blood.
- Compensating for inefficiency of internal organs in removal of toxins
- The outer layer of the skin replaces itself every 24 hours
- The skin eliminates about l kg. of toxic waste through sweat.
Melanoma (skin cancer) is noticed by changes in skin patterns
(any change in skin moles: asymmetry, change in border shape, change in color and change in diameter, should alert us to get checked by a dermatologist).
- Dry skin
- Skin pigmentation and hives
- Block marks underneath the eyes
- Brush the skin 3-5 minutes a day
- Skin brushing improves lymphatic drainage and aids in removal of toxins from the body (brush in the direction of the heart) before or after the shower,\
- Avoid toxic lotions, cosmetics and antiperspirants
- Avoid sunburn to maintain fluid, electrolyte balance and proper removal of water products
- Hot and cold showers
- Aromatic oil massages improve waste elimination and increase lymphatic fluid flow
- Filtering of dead blood cells, micro-organisms, chemicals, drugs, toxins, thorough an enzymatic activity.
- Stabilizing the glucose level of the blood
- Producing fats and storing them
- Synthesizing blood clotting proteins
- Producing bile salts which aid in emulsifying fats for their breakdown
- Absorbing of vitamins
- The liver excretes approximately 1 liter of bile daily-the bile has an additional function of removing toxins in the body itself.
- Producing cholesterol
- Allergies, auto-immune diseases (arthritis, fibromialgia, etc.)
- And in some cases-cancer.
- Liver cleansing in Mitzpe Alummot
- Eat organic raw food
- Juice fasting
- Wheatgrass juice
- E’s and I’s (enemas)
- Let go of negative feelings
- Regulation of fluids, electrolytes
- Excretion of nitrogenic waste products, especially from digestion of animal protein
- Maintaining regular blood volume by excreting urine
- Regulating proper pH which is important for blood PH level
- Excretion of erythropoietin which stimulates production of red blood cells.
Between 100-150 liters of fluid are filtered daily through the kidneys, out of which about 1.5 liters are of urine. “The kidneys never rest”
To optimize kidney function
- Drink at least 8 cups of water at room temperature regularly. Not during meals.
- Avoid alcohol coffee, tea, carbonated drinks
- Avoid holding urine.
- The colon consists of three parts: ascending, transverse and descending
- In a healthy colon the width and shape are uniform whereas in a sick colon we can see ballooning and narrowing of different areas in the colon
- Absorption of water, minerals, salt biles
- Production of healthy flora to synthesize B vitamins, vitamin K
- Passage of waste products from digestion
In the west, one bowel movement per day is considered normal
The digestive system is affected by the physical and mental condition.
There is an old saying: “Death is in the colon”. Most diseases start here.
- Enemas, hydro colonic therapy, implants
- Raw food (rich in fiber)
- Answer the call from Mother Nature
- Think positive
- Practice meditation-relax the mind and body.
Reproductive and other organs affect each other as they lean against each other.
The rectum presses against the vagina and cervix
The urinary bladder is pressed by the vaginal wall and uterus.
Is important “to answer” when nature calls.
- Exercise ,remember to do kegels (consists of contracting and relaxing the muscles which form part of the pelvic floor(sometimes called the “Kegel muscles”).
- Avoid drinking alcohol, caffeine and carbonated drinks, cigarettes, flesh foods, saturated fats, salts and sugars
Similarly, all the internal organs lean against each other.
The rectum presses against the prostate, the seminal vesicle, and the urinary bladder.
- It is extremely important to answer the call
- Exercise, remember to do kegels (consists of contracting and relaxing the muscles which form part of the pelvic floor, sometimes called the “Kegel muscles”).
- Answer the call
- Eliminate alcohol, caffeine and carbonated drinks, cigarettes, flesh foods and flesh fats, salts and sugars
- Avoid wearing tight briefs (which can affect seminal quality).